PL&B Insurance, or Pratt Lambert & Brown Insurance, is named for the previous owners of the company who were Harry Lambert, Don Pratt, and Ken Brown. Harry Lambert founded the company in 1949 after he returned from post-war duties and was seeking a way to provide for his family. Don Pratt bought the company in 1960, and Ken Brown purchased the shares in 1980. Since 1994, the company has been owned and operated by Ken’s son, Jeff Brown.
PL&B Insurance is a full service, national insurance brokerage, providing insurance coverage and risk management advice for the following specialities:
- Hospitality: Restaurants, cafes, and licensed premises
- Oil and Gas: Contractors, sub-trades and related manufacturing
- Professionals: Architects, APEGA members, engineers, accountants, surveyors, health professionals, appraisers, insurance brokers, design-build contractors, fitness instructors, and many others!
- Construction: Course of construction, general and professional liability, equipment, crime, bid and performance bonds, and new home warranties
- Transportation: Garage, long or short haul, national and international (US) exposure
- Non-Profit: Charities, non-profits, NGO’s, and schools and religious organisations of all types
- Information Technology: installation, cyber risk, SAP consultants, software developers, media, ISP’s, CIP’s members, and more
- New Home Warranty: providing new home warranty coverage in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and B.C.
Our core values are “our three R’s”:
- Responsibility: We take our job seriously, to ensure that you have the proper insurance coverage, and that the only insurable risks left uninsured are risks you are aware of, and have chosen not to insure for reason of cost/benefit.
- Relationship: We seek to establish a valued relationship, by providing on-going professional advice, thorough account reviews at inception and renewal time, and related value-added services.
- Respect: Our job is to respectfully listen to your needs, understand your unique situation, and be of lasting, and affordable, benefit. We will rearrange insurance coverage in a cost effective manner, as if it was our own business requiring coverage.
If you have a concern or feel you have not been treated fairly, or without the respect you deserve, I want to hear from you. Contact Jeff Brown, President: personal cell phone no. 780.719.9821.
Our Customer Service Pledge